You will receive your Enrolment appointment date and time — letting you know the first time you can Enrol — in an email to your SFU inbox in late June.
- Log in at goSFU with your computing ID and password.
- Either look at Account Inquiry in the main window (i.e. the "Student Center") or click on Self Service in the top drop-down menu and go to Campus Finances to find "Account Inquiry". Check if your Overall Balance is -$250 if you're a domestic student (-$750 if you're an international student). This shows that the admission deposit has been paid, which will allow you to Enrol in classes.
- Check your Enrolment Appointment time, either in the Enrolment Dates box on the right side of the screen or under Enrolment.
- Check Class Search / Browse Catalog to see if you have prerequisites for the courses you are planning to enrol in and to check the time, day, and location of your chosen courses.
- Enrol in classes on or after your Enrolment Appointment date.
- You can continue to add or swap classes until the end of the first week of classes.
- You may drop classes after enrolling in them, but you should be aware of the potential academic and/or financial penalties, depending on when you drop a course. See Deadlines.
- Note that students in Surrey cohorts (such as FASS One, Science Year One) are normally expected to be enrolled at a minimum in their cohort core courses for each term of the cohort program.
- See more information on enrolling in Surrey courses. Please see your cohort advisor if you have any concerns about your Enrolment.
- After courses are added, swapped, or dropped, always check My Class Schedule to see if those courses were successfully added, swapped, or dropped.
If you are expecting a refund related to a Scholarship, Award, Bursary or Overpayment, you must Enrol in Direct Deposit to get your refund.
Direct Deposit refunds are processed weekly as compared to a refund by cheque printed monthly.